2 April 2012

A Girls Gotta Do, What A Girls Gotta Do.

Today glancing at a few things on my computer I made a most shocking discovery, if you take into account that my series is planned to be nine books in length and add all the other stories I've thought up over the last few years, my total story count is 25 not all are full length novels though, at least 3 are short stories.
Also, this does not include much from my notebooks or anything from the box in the corner.
Some of these stories are simply a paragraph idea, others are a page long and some are a chapter or two started. Oh and yes thats including the couple I've completed.

Lets face it, I'm screwed! If I write one story a year its going to take 25 years, even if I write 2 a year its going to take me 12 and a half years and who knows how many other story idea's I'll gather over those years to add on top of the list. However long it is going to take I am screwed.

To get these written I'm going to have to up my game or at least treat every month or every other month like its Nanowrimo. Not only this but I think I may have to decrease my output of book reviews to at least one a month. I've loved doing my book reviews but if I am going to get my own writing in some sort of order I need to put it ahead of the reviews. Somewhere along the line it slipped to second place, I'm not sure where or when but it has and its taken an injury and me sitting back and looking at things to realise this and actually acknowledge it instead of pushing that idea to the side.

I currently have several book reviews taking me right up until the end of June/ beginning of July. I will continue to accept them but it will only be 12 a year so slots will need to be requested. So if you know your book is coming out in say April and its only November then you can let me know and if that months free you can have it.

This is a tough decision to make since I have read so many books I have loved and met some very nice authors but a girls gotta do what a girls gotta do and this girl needs to silence the many voices in her head by actually getting these stories written and making room for many many more.

I will continue with my current reviews but from August the new plan starts.
I'm taking May as a break, I was going to do some writing while I have my holiday, probably still will but now with the new plan I think I'll work on some outlines in a bit more depth in prep for July.
I'll update my reviews blog and website this week with the new plan as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment