18 March 2012

Do I or Dont I...

I'm not sure if its the same for other writers but once in a while I get two or three voices in my head.
One voice says "you know what you've got over 100 poems, what are you afraid of? just publish them already... only you can do this!"
The second voice says "what the hell are you thinking!"
Then a third voice pops up questioning "do I do them as one book, 2 books, 3 books, split into genre, what?"
And then follows that sick feeling in your gut when you just can't decide what to do.
I already know what cover I want, it was a pic I took a couple of years back inside a cathedral of a statue of a scholar reading made of what looks like marble and is just absolutely amazing. I thought it fitted quite well. As for the title I chose, it was quite a long one, after one of the poems I wrote and because in my experience poetry comes from our emotions, from who we are, what we think and what we feel.

I'm sure this sickening feeling is the same thing thats holding me back from actually getting my photography out there and just going ahead and opening my cafepress / zazzle stores. Its not so much a feeling of getting my writing and images out there, because people have seen them back when I avidly posted on myspace, no, my fear has a name and a face, a job and is capable of making you feel like an ant going against a God. My fear is the taxman. In a sense its funny really of all the things to fear and not fear, of all the ones I have, I fear a man and some paperwork.
Its times like this I wish I knew some British authors who've taken the step in the last year or so.
Sometimes as stated above I think I should just go ahead and just do it, others not so much.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment