5 March 2012

Sky + HD Updating System Software Issue

Today at 1pm we rang sky about an issue we had, the person on the other end of the line told us to press some buttons and the following screen would appear 'Updating System Software', this is supposed to take 10 minutes to fix.
3 hours later the message was still on the screen and we made several more phone calls which also did not fix the issue.
So whilst on the phone I hopped online and found the following which helped http://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-HD/Updating-System-Software-Issue/td-p/256305

What I did was this:
On the top of the sky +HD box press and hold for 1 minute the power button until you get one red light.
Release the button for 1 minute.
Press the button again.
You'll get a green light and the screen will say no signal checking
Grab your remote and click tv listings
You're back in business and you've not even wiped your harddrive. Excellent huh.

This isn't the first issue we've had with sky that we were left feeling like we were gonna have to buy a new box and that i've gone online and fixed myself. Next time you have an issue search the net first, its cheaper than endless phonecalls to them that get you down a dead end.
hmmm maybe I should work for sky.

18 comments:

  1. Thank you I had this problem and you helped me sort it.
    Works properly now
    Great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks this worked great. My HD+ box was stuck updating system software, so I did a search and found your blog. I had to hold the power button for about 2 minutes and then it was in standby for about 3 minutes, but came back as good as new when I pressed the power button and then TV listings like you said. Thanks again. I was just about to do a front panel full system reset, which would have lost all my recordings.

      Delete
  2. No one warned me my hand might get sore whilst doing this ;) am pressing as I type. I'm on 2 minutes still waiting for blue light to go red. Dam u system update software

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol yes it can take a little while sometimes but at least it works and you lose nothing :)

      Delete
  3. This worked brilliantly. Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant, thanks! Why don't Sky tell us this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Legend, it worked exactly as you said!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Spot on .last time this happened i was on the phone to sky for an hour

    ReplyDelete
  7. legend saved all my recordings

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! It worked many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep worked after trying everything else for two weeks... Thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow brilliant thanks

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing. You’re a genius. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Brilliant, thanks that worked a treat

    ReplyDelete