15 May 2012

Airport Anarchy

Its that time of year again... its May a time when birds sing the sky is finally blue and there is a warmth in the air... or at least thats what it has been like the last few years while this year it dull, grey and at present cold and wet, this morning at about 3am I was woken by the heavens opening up and releasing all of its rain and hail it could in one fell down pour.

And as if things couldnt be anymore worse off today, today marks the start of my holiday, supposedly a good day, I get to see my guy who I've not seen since October last year. But because of the government, the olympics and a certain airports nack for cocking up I am yet again reminded why I choose to go via Gatwick instead.

So why am I peeved well, my guy landed at 09:45 GMT and hell it doesn't take 2 hours to get through customs but apparantly this airport does.
Add to that someone else took his case thinking it was theirs and we have no idea where it currently is.
Plus the phone I gave him to use here ran out of credit already, huh, I know there was plenty on that darn thing.
And not to mention our wonderful coach service has just placed him on a coach to London in order to get one to Fareham...hello... what is wrong with saying there's a direct bus in an hour or so which will get you there sooner, all you gotta do is wait rather than send someone gallivanting back and forth.


 AAARRRRGGGHHH!

And this is why I refuse to go by any other airport than the one I know and love. All hail Gatwick and their sense of doing things properly, well as close to properly as can be for an international airport in a country the size of ours where we have few international airports. I do love their new additions from last year though. You know what, all hail Charlotte, that place has really got the nack of things and ours could learn a few tips from them granted many of Gatwicks new tips were taken from airports in the USA if only this airport could learn a thing or two instead of cutting the amount of staff in customs and on hand rather than sending them away to deal with the queue jumpers who spend £1800.00 extra to jump the queue and sip champagne.

Grrrrrrr!
I am fuming.
Do you think I can go to sleep and start today over better where everything goes right instead of wrong?

1 comment:

  1. Good grief! This is upsetting; I hope Matt finally got his bags returned. Oh man, Rach, if only Hermione's Time-Turner existed to rewind the day and start over! :( My thoughts are with you... I'm headed to Wisconsin to see my lady in July, and I hope they don't pull this shit. >.>

    ReplyDelete