14 May 2012

Techno-babble - Samsung Galaxy Europa

It is not often that you will find me mentioning technology like this but I just couldn't help myself.
Being someone who loves Google and has been using them for a number of years I was extatic when the Samsung Galaxy Europa with Google was released.

If any of you, like me, are Google fanatics, this is one phone you'll want to get your hands on.
As soon as you link your google account, all of your contacts and images become available on the phone, but be aware you will if you want, have to tweak the contacts list so that only contacts with phone numbers appear else you end up with a massive list that takes forever to get through.
And because my blogger images are available I can use these images as my backgrounds (currently supermoon)

So what does it have that makes it so special:

Touchscreen - easy to handle
Wifi - always handy
Camera and Gallery - for photographing those moments you may never see again
Music - to block out the outside world
Write and Go - for updating your status on the go for facebook, myspace and twitter.
Voice dialler and search 
News and Weather
Browser
Social Hub
Memo
Youtube
Email
Gmail
Google Maps
Android
Plus settings, clock, navigation, messages, games etc etc etc

For such a small phone and one that isn't expensive I for one love it, now having my emails available on the go like this should free me up some time, I was starting to hate checking my email because of having so many newsletters and emails that simply get dumped immediately. Now I can do that throughout the day and just waste my time reading the important ones later when I have time. Thus freeing up my reading and writing time by checking my emails instead of when i get home from work, but on my way to work, from work and during my break.

Whether I have convinced you or not, doesn't worry me that is not what this blog is about, but I really think this phone deserves a good look especially if you're someone who has a google account (ie: gmail, youtube, blogger etc).
Even if you don't have a google account you can create one through it or use your own email address.
I won't lie, having a google account does make the set up quicker because all of your email contacts are added simply by you signing in when setting up your account through the phone.

So if you want a touchscreen phone but can't afford one of those over priced do-hickeys, don't snub them completely just yet, with the Samsung Galaxy Europa costing around £50.00 ($80.00 USA) this also makes for a good try it to see if you like it phone. Not everyone can handle touchscreen, my dad certainly can't, hence me ending up with his which I am absolutely in love with.

Believe it or not I've only been using this phone for one whole day : ) 

1 comment:

  1. We've been looking for new cell phones. I want to get one for Sithboy for when he goes to highschool next year.

    ReplyDelete