23 June 2012

Knowing Your Body

Remember I mentioned about oooh 3 months ago I was taking a Food tolerances and intolerances test? well I got my kit and sent it back.
What should have taken 21 days to recieve results sadly took 46 days excluding weekends. I contacted them twice and on the second go was informed they had posted the results at 21 days and they were having computer trouble but would post results again asap, anywho 2 days later they arrived!

Yes this morning the envelope came through the door and what I read both amazed and confused me apparantly I have to avoid one specific tree, metal, certain fungus and such the list goes on, there are a few foods I have to remove from my diet and I also got a list of vitamins I need to try and increase. Luckily they provide you with a book giving every food you can find these vitamins and minerals in.
So I got to work this morning in typing up and alphabetising one single list of all the foods that contain the vitmains and minerals I need to increase, if any appeared multiple times obviously I'd only add it once. The list came out at 6 pages long.

Not only is this useful in knowing what you can and cannot have but also has the possibility in helping with weightloss, one can only hope. So now we have to put it in progress.
Lately our weather has been see-sawing between hot and extremely wet, I am sure many of you have seen the news reports about the rainfall in England the past few weeks, anyway I've gone back to salads, its more warm where I am on the coast and especially at work - the office is like a sauna!
Today we went shopping, I bought soya milk as apparantly I must avoid lactose which is the sugar in milk, basically my body cannot break up and digest the sugars, so I thought I'd try soya and I have to say its a weird colour, with a weird smell and its going to take some getting used to.

We all have to make a sacrifice and I am starting on mine. You cant do anything without the right information and now I have the right information I can start doing something. I know I only just got the results this morning but this was one of the best things I've done in a while and to have gotten it at discount was a bonus. Was it fate or something I stumbled upon the website that day to see the offer which had only 4 hours remaining in which for me to make a decision and purchase, who knows its done now, perhaps something in the universe was giving me a little nudge in the right direction...
  

1 comment:

  1. I understand that. For years after my son was born I was 137. Then, on year I started going up and ended up at 171, and no amount of exercise I did brought my weight down. It wasn't until I went to the doctors and had a cholesterol test did I find an answer. One of my LDL's were high, and this one in particular they associated with processes carbs! White bread, crackers, pasta. So I cut it all out of my diet, exercised and I lost 20lbs in four months.

    ReplyDelete