26 February 2012

Endorsements Vs Chocolate

I think we can all agree that endoresments are beautiful things. If I were to describe how one can make you feel I'd have to say it is like spring at the end of winter, like achieving something immeasureable, and the pride you feel for recieving one for work you've done... well, no amount of blackholes in the universe can swallow how happy they make you feel.

Endorsements aren't simply backing thank you's from people that you have helped out, it is a force that drives you onward in what you do, giving you both recognition and a name in your field.
Personally I love endorsements! Waking up in the morning and reading your email to find there amongst all the junk and newsletters a teeny ray of hope that has to capability of bursting into bloom and spreading. Its a wonderful feeling and if I could have one everyday I would certainly be a happy person. But we all know life is not like that so when I need a pick me up or a kick up the backside to get back writing I go read my endorsements.

Endorsements can do many things you can post them on your websites and other sites and places like Linkedin offer you to collect them. Its because of sites like Linkedin which offer this service that my reviewing has increased in the last year. So as well as raising spirits, endorsements are actually good for business and getting your name passed around between, in my case authors and publishers.

In turn I hope this will have done me some good when it comes to publishing my own novels and poems because, whose going to pay attention to the nobody without a name?..

Endorsements can change your world, how you behave and how you act. And if I had a choice between them and chocolate I'm afraid the endorsements would win hands down. While chocolate can give you that sugar high, it only lasts a short while. Endorsements are eau natural and they can last a life time and they are worth every moment of it.

And yes, today is one of those days it both looks and feels like spring at the end of winter and I awoke to another beautiful force that is an endorsement. Happy Days ;)  

No comments:

Post a Comment