24 February 2012

Hey Mr Taxman!

So its taken almost an entire month for me to recieve a reply to my letter I sent to HMRC back in January, granted apparantly or at least by the looks of things I sent my letter to the wrong office but then the website was not exactly clear on which office I should be sending enquiries.
So I explained my situation and got told exactly what I already knew that I would need to fill out a self assessment tax return every April along with the foreign income page. What I did not get told was whether I have to still pay NI as I'm paying it through my employer. Now to send off yet another letter.
This stuff should be made easier as should the website be easier to navigate, there is nothing much on it about online employment through POD sites its very daunting stuff enough to put people off and I've wasted the best part of a year researching this watching dozens of videos and reading at least 100 pages of information. I'm not giving up on this but it seems like no-one has any info that can help and the only info that can help is confusing and takes forever to decipher. Not to mention I still don't know whether I should do the returns alone or get an accountant or would be able to afford one in the first place. I guess I need to contact one also.

No comments:

Post a Comment