16 February 2012

Evolution

Ever since I was a child I have been somewhat quite or shy and my parents always described me as such and I always felt as if I were being made into a freakshow because people looked at me strangely.
Gladly things changed as I grew up, having a job which was customer focussed helped immensely though I must admit I still obtain a few of those tendancies from childhood, there are still things I refuse to share, conversations I will not enter into and such.
But, it was a few years ago that I actually understood this 'quietness', when a neighbour was round one day he described me as being a listener, that I am on the outside but I hear everything. Makes me feel like a spy lol
Anyway, it was this that got me thinking about my writing and helped in my decision to come back to writing. So what did I ask myself :
Do you prefer people or books? Books, they hurt much less than people.
Reading or speaking? Reading, the people you read aren't likely to abuse you back.
Writing or doing? Writing, I'm not a big risk taker and the risks I have taken took a lot of thought.

And so I decided to write.
It is rare for my mind to be quiet its always thinking of something and sometimes random subjects throw me and I'm off with an idea or theory. I think my muse the last year or so has been musical because I've been getting random songs in my head whilst at my day job and these can be songs I've not heard for years and yet I still know the lyrics and such. Unfortunately my muse apparantly likes music from the era of which I was born however I love rock, and for writing or reading I usually use meditation / classical music or Nightwish's Imaginaerum disc 2 instrumental since that is what I have on my laptop.

Currently I am editing 2 novels, reviewing 1 novel with 3 to do, I have 4 books to read to do with learning to drive and I have several story ideas started or in some form or another that I want to get round to. Lets hope my muse and my mind can agree on something to get all this done. Time for a new schedule me thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment