11 February 2012

One thing that really annoys me (English language)

Ok what is it with people's need to abuse the English language?
It's not so bad those that do it by mistake, hell I have issues with grammar and I'm dyslexic but come on to do it purpose...
At least a third / maybe a half of the world are capable of speaking the English language but it's not the foreigners I'm annoyed about here, I get that say for example a Polish guy cannot decipher how something should be said in his language and ours.
But for those homegrown... that is a complete and utter, I can't even find the word to describe it, it should be treason!
I had this issue with my niece some time back and I've had it recently too elsewhere and quite frankly I refuse to learn this language. Damn it it's not even a language its a mismatch of letters to make it sound like a word and I cannot believe for the life of me how they are filtering some of this into the English dictionary, before we know it the English language will be obsolete.
Wherever you look now texting, email, social networks someone is doing exactly this and in my eyes it goes against everything English and for some reason everytime I see someone writing it, all I can think of is Essex, some parts of London, a few other locations and 'chavs'.
What is my country coming to?
Please note I will accept the 'lol' 'wtf' and 'omg' but that is it, nothing more.
We pride ourselves on our language and sure some foreign countries take the hm hm about the accent, obviously these people have never been to England but I don't care what people think, for me the English language is something that is ours, written or spoken, it's homegrown that is why it is called English, and is something that England should be fighting to keep especially here at home not allowing others to change it and as for being in the English dictionary, go create your own don't poison the one we have.
If anything everytime I read or see people writing like this I think, how immature are they?
Sometimes I really hate what my country is coming to and what is allowed to spread like a virus, but the English language is something that should not be touched, it should be saved!
  

1 comment:

  1. We've all fudged on our speech or our typing from time to time, but you're absolutely right! As much as I count myself an American, I love the culture; the history of England. Our Mother Nation did not become the cultural hub that it is on improper slang, abbreviations, and social networking jargon. I think Shakespeare, Byron, Keats, Tennyson, Austen and others like them...The immortal writers and storytellers upon whose legacy we as a generation build, are each of them turning over in their graves to see such a butchering of the English language.

    ReplyDelete